Getting the idea

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/17/2015 10:46 p.m.

Hello everyone!!I tell you that I am 40 years old and mother with Type II Diebetes, so I know the situation.I always had very low glucose fasting, even in pregnancies, and I check myself several times a year with a glucometer that she lends me.A couple of weeks ago I had the surprise of having values ​​between 95 and 110 on an emp.... I already have a doctor in the doctor but there are still a few days to see it.I also saw that the treatment, either prediabetes or type II, (for the case is the same), is diet and lower 5-10% of weight.Weight 55 kilos and I measure 163 cm so I have no overweight.I do not like sweets or soda and as very healthy always always ... with which I feel that I do not have much room to operate here ... I am exercising every day without fail and super strict diet to lose weight... but I still don't see global improvements in fasting glucose.But I fear that if my pancreas cannot with 55 kilos and with a healthy diet, no matter how much I try to improve, I don't see much future on that side.Can someone tell me how long the improvements are perceived with the loss of weight and exercise?
On the other hand, I know, to wait for the blood results of all the indicators ... Anyway, what is inherited does not steal, they say ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/17/2015 10:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But think that glucometers have up to 15% error ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2015 11:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

True Regina ... but that same glucometer always gave me 80-85 ... and they are supposed to always measure less than in laboratory studies ...

DiabetesForo
03/18/2015 6:38 p.m.

No, sometimes they measure more ...
You will not know anything until you do an analytical, because they are very limit values ​​..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/19/2015 1:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They may prescribe metformin 850 Media pill twice a day.I have read that it is both to prevent type 2 diabetes and to treat it at the beginning, but it is for a lifetime the medication.

Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado's profile photo
Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado
03/19/2015 10:51 p.m.

Please hope you don't go to more because it is clear that more weight you should not lose, to see how the thing is going ... but yes, what comes from inheritance ... it is already known.

Aryst's profile photo
Aryst
03/20/2015 5:48 p.m.

Hello, thanks for the comments!I already have the results of blood tests.A fast glucose 85, glycosilada 5.76, fasting insulin 4.8
I was doing a strict diet without sugars and with low hydrates, and exercising every day and I lowered 1kg.I still don't take the results to the doctor.All very beautiful, but where I get out of the diet 1 day, fasting glucose rises clearly above 100. I don't understand ... the values ​​are normal, but to keep them like that I have to make the life of adiabetic person ....

DiabetesForo
04/03/2015 8:33 p.m.

Paper, as you said, is the same prediabetes and you have caught it on time.If as soon as you leave the diet and exercise, glucose raises you, it is clear.While you continue eating well and doing some exercise you can still prevent you from going worse, you are about warning now and you will make more often analysis to see how you are going!
Likewise, fix more of the laboratory results than from the glucometer at home.Glycosilada is perfect.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
04/04/2015 12:35 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Thanks Laire!The doctor told me to discard diabetes in any of its forms.Follow like this, zero sugars and enough exercise.But I am not very happy to tell me that I have nothing and I am perfect ... I mean, so as not to be type II diabetic, I have to do diet and exercise now as if it were !!That is, I am.The prediabetes is a joke, right?

DiabetesForo
04/16/2015 2:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.