{'en': 'Children with diabetes is released', 'es': 'Se estrena centro para niños con diabetes'} Image

Children with diabetes is released

fer's profile photo   03/26/2015 10:32 a.m.

From this month, Ponce and the south of the country have another space from which the educational, preventive and support work of children and young people diagnosed with diabetes will be promoted.

As Tanya Lee Hernández Rodríguez, president of the Sugar Free Kids Organization (SFK), the office that will provide services to this population has been inaugurated in the Ponce Center, installation located on Tito Castro Avenue, a few distance from the San Hospital,Lucas.

“We are going to have a nurse who will be in contact with the families to assist them once they leave the hospital and give them a review of the care they must have with the child, once it is diagnosed.In addition, from here the coordination for educational workshops for students, parents and family members will be done, ”he said.

As stressed, it is believed that both in the southern and west zone of the country there is a higher prevalence of cases, "but nothing accurate, nothing that consists of a role."

"We continue without statistics," he said about data waiting for the Department of Health."Apparently, there are 3,000 cases of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents throughout the island," he continued.

During the opening, numerous people positively valued the new headquarters of the organization.Among them, Ivonne Seda Rivera, a Canovanian resident whose son was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 11.

“The baby began to reduce, dark circles were formed and passed out at school.He had sugar in more than 500 and from there for the hospital, ”recalled the young mother who receives guidance on patient management and other frequent doubts through the social networks of the Foundation.

"And last December when I went to lift it, I did not answer me, I thought I was dead," added who cataloged SFK as "a blessing, because before that I was well lost, just like many parents who do not explain how to overcomeThe situation ”.

According to Hernández, some of the most common symptoms of diabetes in minors are thirst, frequent urine, tiredness and weight loss.

Since 2011

SFK is an endless institution that provides services to almost a hundred children since July 2011. For additional guidance you can call 787-840-8405 or 787-964-2026.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/26/2015 10:32 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.