{'en': 'Can Ruti successfully rehearses a barrier against type 1 diabetes (cure diabetes)', 'es': 'Can Ruti ensaya con éxito una barrera contra la diabetes tipo 1 (Curar la diabetes)'} Image

Can Ruti successfully rehearses a barrier against type 1 diabetes (cure diabetes)

fer's profile photo   06/04/2015 4:32 p.m.

Liposomes, nanobolites with fatty cover and insulin particles inside, manage to deceive the immune system of diabetic mice.Its immune system systematically destroys beta cells, those in charge of generating insulin, and those injected liposomes near the pancreas get the autoimmune reaction suffered by diabetics to modulate and that the attack against their own cells ceases.

It is a finding of the Diabetes immunology Group of Can Ruti and the Icrea Group of the Institut Català de Nanociència i nanotechnology (ICN2).The two groups have patented this concept of treatment, which are convinced that it is a great step to achieve a future vaccine that stops the self -destructive process that is type 1 diabetes, which forces to get insulin several times the day.

The results with diabetic mice (a species that is born with that disease) appear in the scientific journal PLOS One. “The next step is to do the same tests in in vitro human cells and also try to cure diabetic mice, repeat the process not onlyTo stop destruction, but to reverse the disease, achieve the regeneration of these beta cells that do not manufacture insulin, ”describes the main researcher the study, Marta Vives, head of the Can Ruti Diabetes Imbetes Imbetes Group.Patients from the Can Ruti hospital will probably participate.And they also want to do another study to refine guidelines and doses and open the possibility of making each patient.

The immune failure in diabetes occurs because beta cé-lulas when they die naturally do not emit sufficient signal to the immune system that it is not uncommon.In people - and mice - that develop diabetes, the immune system reads those cells that die as an alert, so lymphocytes begin to attack all their beta cells.After time, the pancreas almost does not manufacture insulin.

The micropoliposomes that have tried - and have shown that they work in the mice - are covered with fortatidisliserina, a compound that emits similar signals to those that should emit their own beta cells when they begin to die.And inside they carry insulin pieces.They emit, in short, a signal of tolerance towards insulin producers imitating normal system behavior."So they act as a vaccine, but not to increase the reaction, but to stop it," explains Vives.

Diabetes affects approximately 0.3% of the population, a figure that grows 4% every year, and is not always easy to control by clicking several times a day.The destruction of beta cells prevents the essential insulin from processing glucose.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/04/2015 4:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

After knowing this news, some members of the forum have contacted the research team that has achieved this success, I reproduce the mail here:

Envoy: June 4, 2015 15:45
To: "Yolanda" & lt; ********@*****. COM & GT;
Subject: Re: Immunology- Marta Vives

Appreciated Yolanda.I send you mail so you can reach Dra Vives.All the best!.

Dra Vives.My name is MB L *****, I live in the rock of the valleys and I am Diabetica.My family for 5 generations is diabetic (type I and type II).We are 9 in total.

From the beginning of my illness I contact a diabetic forum (www.diabetesforo.com of great influx) and there I found a lot of new friends (calling them acquaintances is little).I also met the forum creator (Fer *** R ***) who if you are looking on the Internet will appear in a publication of the newspaper "El Pais" as "the informant who scheduled his diabetes" since design and created a program forThe self -control of the disease.

From this good relationship a group of Whats App of which I am its administrator.

When talking to them they tell us the news of their finding (published in the forum in the section "News") and I decide, with the consensus of the classmates, to contact you.

The reason for this writing is to send our unconditional support and our collaboration as they need.We believe that we can be useful in what they have (genetic material, blood or urine samples, etc).Our group is mostly type I.

Given the geographical nearby I offer liaison with the people who want to collaborate.

You can communicate with Fernando or with me that we will do spokesmen.

Since Fernando ("@fer" for all) has a somewhat busy life (work, take care of his diabetes and carry the forum is an arduous work), do not hesitate to make me know and I inform him (or if he allows me the jokeI bring it from one ear hahaha).

Finally on behalf of all allow me to give you the most effusive thanks and especially of our loved ones who are no longer because of the disease.

You do a beautiful work.We wish him a lot of success and that they achieve his goal.And put to ask ... to give them a Medicine Nobel who would be the fair recognition of a life (yours) dedicated to prolonging ours!
I remain at your disposal.

A cordial greeting.
B *****

PS: I take proud that such a finding occurs, I would greatly appreciate the information that can be provided to spread it to our people.Thanks a thousand thanks!

As a curiosity to tell you the one who was my doctor in the rock (and friend) JLF R **** is currently residing in Mexico and dedicated to creating diabetes specialized centers.

We continue in contact!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/04/2015 4:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Congratulations to both.To researchers for their work.And to you, for the information and enormous help you give altruistically.

albertsb's profile photo
albertsb
06/04/2015 4:48 p.m.

Metformina Dianben 850mg mañana/mediodia/tarde
Accucheck Aviva Nano

fer said:
patients from the Can Ruti hospital itself will probably participate.And they also want to do another study to refine guidelines and doses and open the possibility of making each patient.

This paragraph is misleading, it implies that they will soon be tested in humans, but looking for more information it seems that there is still a lot for that ...

In any case it is a great finding.Put here the response of that email please!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/05/2015 1:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

These investigations take their time..., they are starting to have results in animals.The passage to humans is something else ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/05/2015 4:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.